Instagram is one of the most widely used apps worldwide. You can scroll through, share your photos or videos, and connect to new people. Besides, the app gains thousands of new users with each passing day. Moreover, many users want to learn ‘How to Clear Activity on Instagram.’ Although it’s a pretty straightforward process to delete your activity on IG, many people aren’t aware of this.
Instagram keeps a record of all your activity. Moreover, it records how long you spend on your account and what you search for with every click you make on the platform. But there are ways to delete all your IG activity. And Howtomentors know how to answer all your queries. So, read until the end to get your questions answered.
How To Delete Activity On Instagram?
You’ll know how to clear your activity on Instagram in many ways. You can do it from your IG app or using their desktop site. Moreover, all the methods are easy to follow. And you can use them to delete your Instagram activity on iPhone and Android. The complete details of all these techniques on how to clear activity on Instagram are given below:
Instagram Activity Settings
To delete activity on Instagram, you can use its Activity Settings. Further, you just need to follow up with these instructions:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click on your profile picture icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the three horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner.
- Now choose ‘Your Activity’ from the list of options.
- A list of further options will appear. From there, select ‘Recent Searches.’
- To remove your Instagram search history, click ‘Clear All.’
You can remove your entire search history and delete specific searches. And it can be done by manually clearing them through the IG search.
Follow these steps to proceed:
- Open your mobile phone and launch the Instagram app.
- In the bottom navigation bar, click on the search icon.
- Next, hit the search bar present at the top of the screen.
- Click the cross icon next to the particular search you want to remove. That’s another way ‘how to clear Instagram activity.’
Use IG Desktop Site
You can also delete Instagram activity or the search history using the Instagram desktop page.
Moreover, to do this, follow these directions:
- Open your desktop and go to Instagram’s desktop site.
- Sign in to your IG account.
- Tap on the search bar on the upper side of the screen.
- Under the search bar, you can view the search history for your Instagram account.
- You can now manually delete specific searches you want to remove. To do this, select the cross symbol next to each search term.
- Further, you can delete your entire search history by selecting the ‘Clear All’ option. This is how to clear activity on Instagram using their desktop page.
How Can I Delete Instagram Login Activity?
You can also clear your IG login activity simply by following these steps:
- On your mobile device, open the Instagram app.
- Click on your profile photo icon.
- Select the three-line menu option in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From here, select ‘Settings.’
- In the Accounts Center, click ‘See More.’
- Now, find and click on the ‘Password and Security’ option below the Account Settings.
- Click on ‘Where you’re logged in’ from the menu.
- Choose your Instagram profile.
- Select the devices where you have signed in.
- Finally, click on the ‘Log Out’ option.
How To Delete Activity Log On Instagram?
Instagram keeps an eye on your daily app activity. It includes the posts and reels you’ve liked, stories you see, and comments on various postings. Moreover, you can also remove your IG activity log, just like your history.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Visit your Instagram account.
- Click the three horizontal lines icon.
- Select ‘Your Activity.’
- Next, find and click ‘Interactions.’ It is present under the menu for Your activity options.
- You’ll be provided a list of Activity Logs. It includes story replies, comments, reviews, and likes.
- Further, select any of these activity logs to delete your Instagram activity log.
Briefly put, although Instagram keeps track of your activity, there are ways through which you can avoid this. And Howtomentors made you know how to clear activity on Instagram is one of these. Moreover, you can follow any of the steps above to do so. Besides, these simple methods allow you to quickly delete your IG activity log, search history, and more.