If you love listening to music, you must have heard about Spotify. It is a digital platform where you can access millions of songs, podcasts, and videos from artists worldwide. Moreover, it creates a playlist of all the songs you’ve heard. And many users find it pretty annoying. They want to know How to Delete Recently Played on Spotify Mobile. Besides, there was a recent update by the platform, in which you can no longer clear songs from recently played.
Furthermore, you must remove songs from your playlist to keep your listening habits a secret. Although, according to the latest update, you can’t do that, Howtomentors is here to save your day! Read until the end to learn how to remove your listening data from your Spotify playlist.
Can I Remove Songs From Recently Played On Spotify?
Spotify made an update in 2022, according to which you cannot delete entire songs or podcasts from your recently played. Moreover, the option to remove music is only available for people who haven’t accepted the update. Besides, you can still hide your favorite artists and recently played via your settings.
How To Delete Recently Played On Spotify?
According to the recent update, there is no possible way to delete recently played on Spotify mobile.’ Besides, if you haven’t accepted this update, you can easily remove specific tracks and podcasts from your recently played list. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Spotify on your Mac or PC.
- Now scroll down to find ‘Recently Played.’
- Next to the recently played section, select ‘See All.’
- Find the playlist, song, podcast, or album you want to delete.
- After selecting the wanted media, right-click on the cover or choose the three dots option.
- Select ‘Remove from Recently Played.’
How To Delete Recently Played On Spotify iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user searching for ways, ‘how to clear recently played on Spotify iPhone,’ your search ends here! Viewing your recently played playlists can be annoying sometimes. Besides, you can quickly clear these playlists from your iPhone. To do it, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify on your iPhone. Besides, you can install the app from the App Store if you don’t have it.
- To view your recently played list, click the icon next to settings.
- Choose which song you want to delete from your playlist.
- Now select ‘Hide Song’ to clear it from your recently played. Moreover, remember that removing all the songs with a single click is impossible.
Furthermore, you can disable or turn off the ‘Recently Played’ feature to prevent tracks from being added to your Spotify history. Besides, if you want to create a playlist that only you can see, enable the ‘Private Sessions’ option on Spotify.
How Can I Clear Recently Played On Spotify Android?
If you are looking for ways, ‘how to delete recently played on Spotify android phone,’ just like iPhone, removing your recently played from Anrdoid is impossible. Moreover, you’ll have to activate the ‘Private Sessions’ and turn off your listening activity. Further, follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Spotify app on your Android device.
- Go to the app’s home page.
- Now click on the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Social’ option.
- Next, turn on the ‘Private Session.’
- Lastly, disable the ‘Listening Activity.’
How To Clear Recently Played In Spotify WebPlayer?
If you use the Web Player and wonder how to delete recently played on Spotify mobile, you cannot simply do that. Moreover, even though Spotify is accessible through your web browser, deleting your playlist isn’t possible. Besides, just like the above methods, you can switch to Private Sessions. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify Web Player.
- Choose your username from the drop-down menu.
- Then click ‘Private Session.’
In summary, when it comes to privacy, Spotify is undoubtedly lacking. Moreover, only time-consuming ways are available for ‘how to delete recently played on Spotify mobile.’ Besides, you can only achieve this on its desktop app. Although you cannot entirely delete recently played, you can hide them by turning on your private sessions on the app. Moreover, Howtomentors found out that this is the only solution as of now.