A password-protected folder ensures that your private data and files are secured. So, it is essential to have a lock folder option on your device. Moreover, this feature is not available on iPhones. And users want to learn about How to Lock a Folder on iPhone. Besides folders, your apps and messages also must be protected. So, knowing about different ways to lock your iPhone folders and apps is crucial.
Although there isn’t any built-in secure folder on the iPhone, many third-party apps are the only workarounds. Moreover, if you’re looking to figure out how to lock a folder on your iPhone, Howtomentors has the solution! So, stick to the end to know how to lock your iPhone folders and apps.
Can I Lock A Folder On My iPhone?
The simple answer to ‘Can you lock a folder on iPhone’ is No. You’ll have to use alternatives as it does not have a secure folder. Moreover, if you use some third-party applications, you can prevent data theft. Besides, such apps make storing photos and videos in a private iPhone folder easy. So, if you are concerned about your privacy, you can choose this option.
How To Lock Folder On iPhone?
As mentioned earlier, there is no possible way ‘how to lock a folder on iPhone.’ Besides, there are a variety of third-party platforms to do so. However, selecting a reliable app is paramount in this case. It is because many scam apps can trick you into no good. Besides, one of the ways to check an app’s reliability is to see if it supports pin protection.
Moreover, some of the apps that’ll help you get sorted are as under:
- Private Photo Vault.
Furthermore, you can use any of these apps to make a secure folder with a password on your iPhone. To know how each of these platforms works, read below to learn.
FileMaster remains an ideal choice if you’re seeking a simple way to create a private folder on your iPhone. Moreover, you can also use this app as a document reader or a media player. Besides, it is a reliable platform and offers high security. You can use a master password to access your folders locally and remotely. You’ll just have to enter a password once your folder is made.
Further, to learn its functionality, follow these steps:
- Install the FileMaster app from App Store.
- Once downloaded, launch the app.
- Select the ‘More’ option at the lower right corner.
- Now choose ‘New Folder.’
- Enter your desired folder name.
- Select ‘Confirm.’
- Tap ‘Lock’ by holding on to the folder.
- As a final step, enter your security question and password.
Private Photo Vault
The private Photo Vault app is perfect if you need everything to safeguard your personal pictures or data. Besides, it can store your images with videos. It can be a good alternative if you want to lock photos and videos on your iPhone. Moreover, this platform lets you use a pin or pattern lock to secure your private album.
Here’s how you can use this app:
- Install and launch the Private Photo Vault app on your iPhone.
- Create a password.
- Further, select ‘New Album’ to make a password-protected folder.
- Now navigate to the album and click the Plus (+) icon.
- From here, you can easily import your videos or photos from your library.
This app comes in handy if you want a secure file organizer. Besides, it is one of the most convenient apps if you’re searching to have a protected folder. The platform makes it easy to maintain your private content. Moreover, it offers a biometric security feature. It is one of the best techniques to hide pictures on your iPhone. Furthermore, you can use a Touch ID, Pin, or Face ID to secure your folder. It’ll keep away any unauthorized users from accessing your files.
You can use this app by following these instructions:
- Download and install the Locker app on your iPhone.
- Create and enter a password.
- Click the Plus (+) icon to make a folder.
- You can now use it as a private folder to store your content. That’s how to lock a folder on iPhone using the Locker app.
Can I Lock Apps On My iPhone?
You can easily lock any app on your iPhone. But to do this, you’ll have to enable your Guided Access app.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open your iPhone and select the ‘Settings’ app.
- Now click ‘Accessibility Setting.’
- Open the ‘Guided Access’ feature.
- Tap the toggle to enable the function.
- Next, to create a password, select ‘Passcode Settings.’
- Choose ‘Set Guided Access Passcode.’
- Give your guided applications a password.
In summary, you can switch to alternatives even if your iPhone doesn’t have a secure folder feature. Moreover, learning how to lock a folder on iPhone is essential. Our mobile phones have sensitive pictures, videos, or data. Besides, Howtomentors is sure that FileMaster is one of the best third-party apps. But you can also choose other reliable options that best suit you.