If you want to share your daily life updates, what’s better than using Instagram? It’s a great platform to interact with your community. Moreover, you can share photos, videos, and stories to share your day-to-day life. Besides, many users often want to see their or others’ old posts on IG. If you are one of these users, you might wonder, ‘How to See Old Posts on Instagram.’ However, you must scroll through the entire feed to view a desired IG post. And it’ll take a lot more time than you think. But Howtomentors is here to provide you with the ultimate solution! Here you’ll find all the quick methods to see your old posts. Further, read on to know more about these ways.
How Do I See Old Instagram Posts?
There are many different ways, ‘how to see old posts on Instagram.’ You can either search for a person’s username or use a hashtag. Besides you can also look for any old IG posts by searching through dates.
Moreover, the complete details of these techniques are listed below:
Search By Username
You can search for a person’s old posts by searching for their name on Instagram. Moreover, this is the most straightforward method for ‘how to look at old Instagram posts.’ You’ll have to search using the name of the individual you mentioned in your post. Besides, if you’ve tagged someone, enter that person’s name in the search bar. After that, scroll through to find the desired position you want to see.
Search Through Date
You can use a search-based method to find out an old post. It’ll work by searching for the date you uploaded a post on Instagram.
Moreover, follow these simple steps:
- Open your IG app.
- To access Profile Page, click on your Profile Photo on the home screen.
- Now, select the three horizontal lines menu. And click ‘Your Activity.’
- To view your posts, go to ‘Photos and Videos.’
- If you are looking for a specific image or video you posted some time ago, click ‘Posts.’
- Further, if you’ve more than a hundred posts, going through each post would be tiring. In this case, you can use the filter by selecting ‘Sort and Filter.’ Moreover, remember that it is only possible to remember the date you shared a specific photo.
- You can arrange the post from oldest to newest if it is old. To do this, choose the ‘Apply’ option.
- It is also possible to define a date range. You can do it by providing a start date and an end date. Moreover, you can use the Calendar option to locate the precise dates.
- Tap the blue checkmark once you’ve selected the start and finish dates.
- Select the ‘Apply’ option to view your postings within the dates.
A hashtag search is another easy method for ‘how to see old posts on Instagram.’ Many users like to use hashtags with their posts. Moreover, if you do so, the simplest way to see your old IG posts is to search your hashtag. Furthermore, you can do this by following these directions:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to the ‘Search’ bar at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to see your post, enter the hashtag you used.
- You can now see all the posts (old and new) with that specific hashtag.
- To find the post you wish to see, scroll till you find it.
Why Can’t I See All My Instagram Posts?
There could be many reasons if you are stuck thinking, ‘Why can’t I see my old Instagram posts.’ This could happen if the IG app is facing some technical issues. Besides, it can also happen that the app meets a glitch after you’ve updated it. Moreover, some of the possibilities for these problems with their fixes are mentioned down below:
Clear App Cache
Instagram can’t see old posts problem can sometimes be resolved by clearing the app cache. Moreover, you can remove it with a few steps:
- If you are an Android user, Access Settings > Look for the Instagram app > Click on ‘Clear Cache.’ This way, the cache for the Instagram app will be removed.
- iOS users can access the iPhone’s Settings > Choose ‘General’ > Click iPhone Storage > Locate and select the IG app > Click the ‘Offload App’ option > Reinstall the app.
Another possible fix for if you can’t see your old posts is to re-download the Instagram app. Moreover, if you have this app, you’ll need to uninstall it. And then reinstall it. This technique generally resolves any issues with the posts.
Wait Till A Technical Issue Is Resolved
One of the most common reasons for ‘Why can’t I see my old posts on Instagram’ is the app facing technical difficulties. If Instagram isn’t displaying older posts, there’s a probability that the app’s server is down. Besides, it can also have a technical problem. However, if this is the case, Instagram is aware of this and is trying to fix it. Moreover, you’ll have to wait until the issue is resolved or the Instagram server is operational.
Restart Your Device
If the approaches above are ineffective, there might be a problem with your phone rather than the Instagram app. And this problem can be fixed by restarting your device. Further, after doing it, check to see if Instagram still shows older posts.
In summary, many users wish they could see their old posts on IG. Moreover, finding the particular one you’re searching for can be challenging if you have many posts. So, knowing ‘how to see old Instagram posts can be helpful. Besides, if you cannot see your old postings, there could be issues with the app or your device. However, you can always contact the Instagram Help Center to resolve any problems.