Surely most of us are familiar with the famous video recording app ‘TikTok.’ Besides, it serves as a fantastic tool to show your creativity. With a huge music library, the platform offers a wide range of audio sources. Moreover, when it comes to your TikTok video, using decent sound can make it more appealing. However, even if you have chosen the right sound for your video, you might want to know the latest editing methods. Besides, if you are one of those people who want to learn How to Trim Audio on TikTok, you’re not alone! Many users wonder the same question. And, How To Mentors know how to get you sorted! Read through the end and know all the methods to edit your TikTok audios.
Can I Trim Audio On TikTok?
You can easily trim any of your sounds on TikTok. Besides, TikTok videos are limited to one minute. Moreover, only a few songs last less than one minute. So, it is essential to trim your TikTok audio. Further, the app has built-in abilities allowing you to edit simple sounds. Following are some of the most straightforward ways to trim audio on TikTok.
Easy Ways To Edit TikTok Audio
There are many ways through which you can edit your TikTok audio. Here are all the steps to trim your video on this platform before and after filming the video and using VLC.
Trim TikTok Sound Before Recording
To edit your TikTok music or any other audio before the recording process, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app or install it if you don’t have one.
- Now click the ‘plus (+)’ icon present at the bottom center of the screen.
- Choose a song to add to your video by selecting the ‘add a sound’ option at the top.
- Once you’ve chosen the right song for your video, you can trim it according to your preference. Moreover, you can do this by using the musical note option with the scissors in the list on the right.
- Further, after selecting the ‘trim music’ option, a wave shape on the following page will appear. It indicates the sound that you just added. Moreover, you can drag the waveform to select a specific song section.
- After editing the audio, click on the red checkmark to confirm.
How To Edit Sound After Recording On TikTok?
Another handy way ‘how to trim audio on TikTok ’ is to edit your sound after filming it. Follow these simple steps to get your TikTok sounds edited right away:
- Launch the TikTok app and select the ‘+’ option to upload an existing video from your device’s library or record a new one.
- Choose the ‘sounds’ icon to pick the music for your video. You can find this option in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After opening the sound library, you can choose your favorite audio from TikTok’s massive music collection.
- Once selecting your desired sound, you can edit the audio’s beginning and stop points by dragging the sound wave while pressing the scissors icon.
- After editing, you can add effects, stickers, filters, etc., to your video to make it look even better.
How To Trim TikTok Music Using VLC?
VLC is one of the best free, open-source video players. It can play several files, including Audio CDs, DVDs, VCDs, etc. Moreover, it can support various file types like MPEG-2, WebM, MP3, H.264, etc. Besides, you can use it on multiple devices, such as Unix, Android, Windows PC, iOS, and Mac OS X. Additionally, it can support numerous video and audio techniques. However many people know it for these functions, but it can also be used to extract sounds from video. Moreover, the following are the complete steps to trim TikTok music using VLC.
- First, open the VLC media player.
- From the toolbar, select ‘Media.’
- Now, click ‘Save or Convert.’
- Select ‘Add’ in the ‘File Section.’
- Choose your TikTok video and click ‘Save/Convert.’
- Next, from the ‘Profile’ menu, choose ‘Audio-MP3.
- Further, click ‘Browse’ in the destination box. From here, you can save the audio anywhere you choose.
- Lastly, select ‘Start’ to begin the audio extraction process.
Why Can’t I Trim Music On TikTok?
Recently, there have been many instances where users can’t edit their TikTok videos and are curious about knowing ‘why can’t I trim music on TikTok?’ Moreover, the simple answer is that TikTok doesn’t enable users to edit an original sound. Besides, there can be another reason. If you’ve selected music with a shorter length than your entire video, then in that case, the platform won’t enable you to trim your piece.
Briefly put, if you are a newbie to TikTok or are a frequent user and don’t know how to trim audio on TikTok, you can use any of the above-mentioned methods. Moreover, with these techniques, you can film fantastic videos by adding and trimming trending sounds and effects to your clips any day!